The Queen Vic Market has partnered with Air Canada to create Melbourne’s first outdoor summer ice rink for Christmas!
The Air Canada Ice Rink will pop-up under the Market’s 140-year-old historic sheds and invites you to enjoy the magical spirit of a northern hemisphere Christmas during the first three weeks of Australia’s summer (1–24 December 2018).
The rink will offer cool, festive fun for skaters of all ages and rink-side treats will include coffee, maple syrup ice cream from the Market’s Geloso Gelateria, Canada’s legendary poutine (a national treasure of French fries, cheese curds and gravy), plus fairy floss and popcorn for little ones.
So whether you’re a total pro, a little bit wobbly, or have to hold onto the rink for dear life, it’s time to get your skates on!
When & Where:
- Saturday 1, 8, 15, 22 December: 9am-3pm
- Sunday 2, 9, 16, 23 December: 9am-4pm
- Monday 3, 10, 17 December: Closed
- Tuesday 4, 11, 18 December: 9am-2pm
- Wednesday 5, 12, 19 December: 5pm-10pm (as part of the Summer Night Market)
- Thursday 6, 13, 20 December: 9am-2pm
- Friday 7, 14, 21 December: 9am-5pm
- Monday 24 December (Christmas Eve): 9am-2pm
Located in C Shed, enter via Peel Street, Queen Vic Market.
- Adults – $15
- Children (under 14 years) – $10
- Family (2 adults and 2 children) – $45
- Kanga Skating Aides – $8
Ticket price includes skate hire and helmets and knee pads (if required)
Sessions begin at the start of the hour and run for 45 minutes.